ATTENTION
The Limerick NewsWire Blog has moved to a new address. Join us now at
www.LimerickNewsWire.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sheila Murray speaks on rehousing objections

"I just want my children to be happy and they are so excited about moving into their new home."

Sheila Murray has spoken for the first time since it was revealed that residents of a suburban neighborhood had objected to her family moving in.

Speaking about the objections today, Mrs. Murray said,

“I just want to get a proper home for Millie and Gavin and get them home and allow them get on with their lives. We didn’t ask for what happened to them to happen. All we want is to live in peace. When we lived in Moyross I got on with everybody and had never trouble or anything like that.

I don’t even know where the house is and the people there could not even know us. I just want my children to be happy and they are so excited about moving into their new home. That is all I want: my children to be happy and to get on with their lives as best they can.They just want to go home. I didn’t think they would ever be coming home. I thought Gavin, especially, would never be coming home as he was so bad and was given no hope for the first 24 or 48 hours.”

It was reported on Saturday that Limerick City Council had found a suitable house for the family after they were driven out of their Pineview Gardens home in October. However residents of the area objected to the family being re-housed there.

The paper also reports that Limerick City Council officials and the Health Service Executive held a meeting on the Murray family and that the housing situation for the family was “high on the agenda.”