ATTENTION
The Limerick NewsWire Blog has moved to a new address. Join us now at
www.LimerickNewsWire.com

Monday, October 06, 2008

Two in court following petrol bomb attack

Two people have appeared in a Limerick court Monday charged in connection with the petrol bombing of a nightclub over the weekend.

22 year old Joseph Barden from Clarina Avenue Weston along with a 15 year old male youth who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared before Newcastle West Court this morning in relation to the attack on “Fireworks” nightclub in Newcastle West around 4am Sunday morning.

Both are accused of causing criminal damage at the nightclub and of stealing a car earlier in the same night.

”Sgt Gerry Enright, Newcastle West, told the court that neither of the accused made any reply when he formally charged them at Newcastle West Gardai Station over the weekend.

Judge Timothy Lucey granted each of the defendant’s free legal aid after he was told that neither of them are currently working.

Solicitor, Michael O'Donnell, said he was reserving his position regarding bail but he indicated to the court that he would be making bail applications on behalf of his clients when they appear before Newcastle West Court again on Friday.”
Via Limerick Leader.
The youth was remanded to Auberstown House in Dublin. Mr Barden will be held in custody at Limerick Prison.

The nightclub suffered minimal damage in the attack.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Return to Main Page