ATTENTION
The Limerick NewsWire Blog has moved to a new address. Join us now at
www.LimerickNewsWire.com

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Radio host says he’s done with unlicensed broadcasting


“I will not be returning”- Gerry Hannon

In an interview conducted with the Limerick Post Newspaper, Radio Limerick One owner Gerry Hannon conceded this week that he will not be bringing RLO back to the airwaves.

Speaking to the Post he stated,

“That’s it as far as I’m concerned…I am now off air, and that’s the end of my station. I regret to say I will not be returning. A lot of my time went into RLO but it is not worth the effort anymore. It is not nice to be raided by the authorities every so often. Also, I lost €20,000 of equipment which was taken from me”
The pirate radio station was raided last week while Mr. Hannon was live on air interviewing a guest.

“They went through everything with a fine toothcomb and all my worldly studio possessions, built up over the years, were taken from me.”
Hannon did say however that he intends to apply for a classic/gold service license to be awarded by the BCI next year.

Loads more on this in this weeks Post Newspaper